- olive oil (for sauteeing)
- 1 medium onion, chopped [we had a leek left over, so we used that]
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 head broccoli, chopped & steamed
- 4-5 cups cubed bread (really stale is fine)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 cup shredded or crumbled cheese (we used parmesan)
- 9 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups milk
- salt and pepper to taste
We sauteed the garlic with the onion/leek.
This is a good way to use up bread that’s too dry even for french toast. It was very good as leftovers, probably even better than on the first day, as the bread had more time to absorb moisture.