This is reconstructed partially from memory, and should therefore be taken with a grain of salt.
- one roll puff pastry
- 8 sheets phyllo dough
- 2 lbs spinach or other leafy greens
- 1 large onion, minced
- 300 grams cheddar, grated
- 300 grams feta, crumbled
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Saute the onion.
- Saute the spinach until wilted.
- Roll out the puff pastry to about twice the original size. Place it on the bottom of a 9“x13” pan.
- Combine all the filling ingredients. Make sure the onions and spinach have cooled before adding them to the cheese.
- Put the filling onto the puff pastry, leaving some space around the edges.
- Layer the phyllo dough sheets on top, brushing each sheet with olive oil before putting down the next one. Fold the puff pastry edges over the phyllo dough.
- Bake until golden brown, about 30 minutes.